Monday, April 11, 2016

Leeching or Loving

Where do I even start? How about James Chapter one, because that seems to be the theme of my life right now. This season of my life has been a continuation of sanctifying trials back to back, and I don't always "consider it pure joy".  So often I get caught up in wanting to question GOD's motives for my suffering that I forget HE is shaping me to be "perfect and complete, lacking in nothing".  I am learning endurance on a level that I never would have dreamt of, and probably never would have asked for- thank the LORD it isn't up to me!

Endurance however is not the only thing I have been learning lately, but even also what it means to love. True, genuine, sacrificial love is something I find myself crawling back to and seeking my heart to extend to others. The old saying "love hurts" -well I think I'm starting to get it now. Love often means letting go, and it often brings heart ache. Yet when my heart hurts that's when I know I have loved, because nothing else could feel the same (I feel like I sound like the tin man). I prayed for discernment in love, and I truly feel the LORD is in the midst of answering that prayer. There is a difference between what I call "leeching" and loving. Leeching takes place- well when you are taking, while loving requires giving. Love gives and doesnt expect anything in return. Love often requires a hard truth to be spoken that can leave another in heartache as well. Love isn't always easy to give, and it isn't always easy to receive. Leeching benefits no one in the long run, but pleases many in the moment. Love often hurts in the moment, but benefits many in the long run. And that is why I choose to love....

No comments:

Post a Comment