Sunday, December 30, 2018

At an End.

     I can hardly believe it, 2018 is coming to an end. As I look back on this year I can't help but to thank GOD for the MANY ways HE has been faithful to me. So much has happened over this past year, and my heart is filled with gratitude knowing HE took every step with me. I donated my long blonde hair, moved into my own apartment, helped plant a church, moved up at work, and have rejoiced in the restoration of a healthier relationship with my parents. This year is definitely one for the books. In January I couldn't have even begun to imagine the ways that GOD would grow me over this past year. There were tears, laughter, fights, apologies, losses, victories and GOD was faithfully a part of each of them. I can't help but to smile as my heart fills with peace and a bittersweet goodbye over these last few hours. It's been good. It's been hard. Oh, that I have grown. Oh, that I have grown! Just like the rest of the world that sets there New Years resolution(s) -I have my own. We all have a desire for something more, something better, a fresh start- It's engraved in us. We all long for it. We seek it. We strive for it. We suffer because of it. We rejoice. We weep. We hope. Thanks be to GOD that if we are HIS, we are a NEW creation, and HIS mercies are new EVERY morning- not just on January 1st. Therefore we march forward, running the race set before us, standing against the flaming arrows of the evil one. We take action, resting in the promise that GOD is mighty to save. Unearned, undeserved, freely given sweet grace offered to those who put there trust in HIM. It doesn't get any better than this. Sure, I have my resolutions just like everybody else- but they cannot compare to THIS. There is only ONE thing I desire more, to want to want more- CHRIST JESUS HIMSELF. In the end my hopeful expectation is that on December 31, 2019 I will look more like CHRIST than I did on December 31, 2018.
     My final advice to you brothers and sisters- stand steadfast resting in HIS steadfast love, remembering HIS mercies are new EVERY morning!
                                                      Much love, Frances Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment